Wednesday 23 March 2016


MEMORIES II

 

Twilight's purples softly steal over
spattered hedgerows,
creeping over spangled meadows
into deepest green shadows. 
Her somnific murmur
betwixt a wisp and a whisper
lulls sated bees into slumber.
Sun-dipped irises sighing sink into
the thrumming gloaming,
when a sudden draft tears into the
blue-grey haze of my reverie,
snapping the silver-gold thread 
that binds my spirit to a
distant Springtide memory of lilac
breaths and wild rose wreaths.
This Season's rainbows shed tears;
your unheard cries are
my clarion call, your graves mark
the miles upon my course. 
Your broken dreams I shall gather,
for to frame new bastions
beyond my bleeding walls.
Do your souls haunt forsaken paths
that beckoned beneath
cyan skies of sunshine and promise?
May that which you spurned in life
embrace you in death. 
I shall seek the voice of the Muse
amid our ruins.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum


Image: A GIRL WEARING A GARLAND OF WILD ROSES
Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: George Lawrence Bulleid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.