Friday 3 June 2016


METANOIA II


The rain-cribled stone rings my name,
tones of water and sky
unfurling upon the tides of my being
that surge towards twilight.

Upon the steps of the goddess' shrine,
each violet droplet twinkles,
yet, with a lesser brilliance than does
the brine upon my cheek -
this my heart would believe -
for it bears my spirit's memories
of yesternight's jewelled vault,
of white-gold fire that flows unceasing
between Firmament and Eye.

And there shall my soul dwell this night,
awaiting the strength of stars,
every one reaching
across Universes and Time
to the Crossroads upon which we bode,
ere we were thrust forth into Life.

Shall we, blessed brethren, return to
a celebration of awakening,
of paths I embraced ere mortal impulse
sought to vanquish my purpose?

Shall I once more know the Silence
of a Breath and an Aeon, the stillness
upon the threshold of the Void
that received my resolve to contemplate
Spirit and Cosmos, to live and labour,
that heart, mind and hands
may echo the voice of the Source?

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: QUESTION TO THE STARS

Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: Karl Wilhelm Diefenbach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.