Monday 8 August 2016

DREAM V


A crackle glass Moon weeps
her broken rays
over the silver-blue nocturne
of the woodland stream,
upon the sediment
of our childish dreams, sisters.
My heart drums alone,
receiving this hour's legacy,
a beauty that at once
wounds the soul
and renders it whole.
Yet, my solitary path shall trace
an eternal question,
its answer in a sky that in vain
seeks your eye.
My breath I bound to a vow
spoken in secret
to these woods, where I invoked
the resonance of earth
amid ghosts of yellow garlands
and flowered trails.
Lines and curves of violet ink
emerge upon my page as though
from a waking dream,
stringing together memories of
leaf, branch and blossom,
moments of life, laughter and death. 
These, I shall inearth 
under our willow, for our Summers 
shall not live in another’s dream.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: PAISATGE NOCTURNE AMB DUES NOIES
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Joan Brull i Vinoyles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.