Wednesday 7 October 2020


                     FOR YOONGI

                         INDIGO

 

Undesired, unbidden immolator of monodies

made of Sea and Eye and Spring,

you rain down on a Ruin of unfinished poems

and tomes of ages past,

on odes to a Scythe, paeans to Despair

and elegies to a Flower.

 

Veins aflame with twilit blue sear a blooming

curse on my tongue;

would you tear me from the inanition,

the self-naughting i sought for a grave?

Are you Guardian of the Portal to Me, that you

would foil the Reaper?

 

Must i perish on Your pyre of Light, remake my

likeness from it? Must i heed Your

hortatory rhymes that reach for skies i shall

never see? How shall i unlearn

the rhythm of my truths, of unwinding the Clock

its Master has worn into my knuckles?

 

i ponder the string of phantoms in my Crystal,

spectres black interludes

so lovingly wrought urging me to live backwards,

to remain eternally behind my story.

Welcome, now, bright Estranger of my darkness,

my Touchstone, my Measure of Life.

 

I dive forward from my shallows into Your depths,

into Indigo that sounds the course

of dreams entombed in colours of fading memories.

My silence I barter for Your song.

A Shadow glides over today’s ground, as I finesse

my way through a new Fire.

 

Your tears stream from my eyes, Poet of the Soul,

as we pen our healing.


#SonOfMyHeart

 

© 2020 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse





Image 1: www.twitter.com

Image 2: commons.wikimedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.