Sunday 11 April 2021


STAR KIN II

 

Speak a starlit River beneath Twilight gathering,

Pearl of our age whose vision

leaps from Adhara’s violet-blue nacre!

The weight of doing erodes purpose; I ask Sirius

what I truly desire. Would I choose

toil or idleness, entanglement or emptiness?

Would I measure myself as

word and voice or surrender before the Radiance

that reigns beyond all thought

and struck sound?

 

My sister labours toward Light past every instant

of indeterminacy; she walks through Fire,

passes through densest bodiliness to the reflection

of the Cosmos’ sovereign point

within to stand as a stranger before herself,

hollowed, dismembered,

made a sanctum for stillness and silent awareness,

the worthiest receptacle for

the pure Flame of timeless harmony.

 

I stray through ancient holloways into deep woods

along the pilgrim’s path into

my highest organ of consciousness that awakens

me to each rise and fall of

the Universe’s tides. I seek answers in the wistful

urgency of gasping gales and

green breath; my lungs are my anchor and centre.

Is not the body the learning device

for the Soul – mine would be an oak – and action

the final bridge between substance and Spirit?

 

You walk the fields with clods of earth in your hands,

for the ground is a Poet

who versifies in lavender and humus.

You contemplate a pebble that it may lead you to

the pulse of the mountain,

to the domain where dualities fall away, for such is

deeper than the mind and

immense as all that ever beat to Creation’s rhythm.

Illumination beckons to you through

materia’s knowing as the transparent silver of Time.

 

Your song chimes like starbirth incarnating in moment,

heart and eye; sparkling tones irradiate

the night. Meaning renews itself and peace lightens

the land’s burden.

 

“Being is every step of and toward eternal becoming.” 

 

Yet I am a storm. I breathe and rage as penance and

prayer for my inner rewilding.

I have too many tears I would transform into poems,

paths and maps. My life must wait yet

to be served by rest.

I shall keep with me the memory of a dream where I

walked with our tribe and the journey

wove my feet. My questions to tomorrow’s suns

I leave in your keeping.

 

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse

 

Image: significados.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.