Saturday 21 March 2015



ĒOSTRE



I am the green wind that blows over the sleeping
earth, bidding life return to the land;

I am the voice that whispers to the Great Mother,
exhorting her to emerge in her blooming splendour;

I am the heartsong of the returning Sun, the refrain
of Creation, the paean of lengthening days;

I am the gentle warmth that melts the last snow,
the first bud bursting through the yielding soil;

I am the light of Aries' first point, the viridescent
jewel in Spring's varicoloured chaplet;

I am the longing of the seed for sunlit air, the first
stirring of life in the cool, dark soil; 

I am the womb that brings forth every garden and
field anew, the bounty that graces your table;

I am the first dewdrop upon Earth's verdant spread,
the rainbow mist that laces the treetops;

I am the golden lay that threads the endless blue
yonder, bearing the joy of renewal to distant stars;

I am the perfume of blossoming orchards, the tender,
opaline glow over rain drenched meadows; 

I am the dance of clouds to the music of mountain
streams, the silver cascade that stills your thirst;

I am Persephone, Flora, Cybele, Ashanti, Osiris and
Freya; the deities of Springtide and birth all hail.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: FLORA AND THE ZEPHYRS
Source: bluebutterfliesandme.wordpress.com
Artist: John William Waterhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.