Sunday 29 March 2015


SPRING

Life blossoms all around me; primordial
colours of the Sun dance upon
my fingers, spirited steps born of pride in
Nature's artwork grace this oasis
of birth and incandescent song.

Vaughan Williams' lark ascends to meet
yellow wagtails' marigold notes
in my own varicoloured safe haven.

Glorious Spring! Every nook and cranny
holds poems waiting to be set down.

Garlands of pink cassia take their last bow,
lace cool, green carpets this day,
their interim resting place, for they are
fated to sustain Summer's growth.

Nestlings, puppies gamboling on the grass,
growing hives, budding verse, promise.....

Myriad bleeding blooms rest upon frozen
mountain slopes in a faraway land.
Myriad gardens in faraway lands will not
know Spring this year.

Far away.

Life has chosen me, I know not why.


In a while, I shall deadhead my coral roses.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: ALMOND BLOSSOM
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Vincent van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.