Saturday 8 August 2015


STAR CHILD

We tread concurrent foot-ways,
you and I, though light
years apart. Your radiance would
blind me, child, were you
any nearer; it could not reveal
me to myself nor enlarge
my courage and apprehension.

In the distance, your light whelms
worlds and suns, as my 
eyes, this night rivers in spate, too
long a weight upon my 
form and its shadow, under starry 
sweeps, far from your earthly rest, 
deliver their briny eulogium.

The sky bends earthward with its
brilliant burden, as it 
did one or one thousand sunsets
agone, a worthy yet paltry
receptacle for sumptuous beauty
so splendidly arrayed -
Cygnus, Polaris, the fair Pleiades.... 

Yes, the firmament sees, as I, that
sacred hour I held your
fragile frame in my arms, more soul
than shape, as you gathered
unto you those whose voice is light,
plucking such as pendant
blossoms from a silvery bower.

I shall find you, my star child, nestled
upon your celestial Mother's
bosom, if She so ordains.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum


Image: THE CHILD AND THE STAR
Source: www.flickr.com
Artist: Alfred Fowler Patten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.