Friday 27 May 2016


RAINDROP


Upon the rim of a golden beam,
I sailed into the embrace
of the fleeced blue,
into the tranquil abode I knew
from visions and dreams
of crystal clear waters that sing
amid rainbows within.

Each memory bursts anew into
varicoloured flames,
as the Sun smiles upon
the audacious grey
that awhile commands his realm,
upon a celestial emissary
who showers a poem of cascade,
wind and radiance upon Earth.

Rain spells the land's destiny;
her streams carve Nature's green;
spate and drouth trace
death's contours upon her visage,
with ragged green bestrewn
or bleached and barren beneath
contented sighs of pellucid skies,
their sacred duties discharged.

In the heart of a moonlit pool, I bide
this Summertide night,
as in the garden of your soul that
hailed my journey,
at Dawn to serve the Great Circle.

I, as you, would merge with
Oceans upon Earth and beyond,
for I, a mere raindrop,
thirst for the Light.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: TRANQUILITY
Source: www.grimshaworigin.org
Artist: John Atkinson Grimshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.