Friday 13 May 2016


RISE


The Flames of a flowering Earth
raze the portals of Dark;
a Blossom's soul rises for to meet
the Sun upon a petal rim,
light ensphering atom,
atom ensphering light,
as her prayer ascends the ether.
This radiance I would lead
through my veins, for its Fount
blooms upon Nature's altar.
Aye, even my scars utter
a Summer sky's cerulean distich
this sacred Day,
dispelling toneless sighs
into the dying murk
upon the leaden wing of a last
stricken thought,
of a wounding blessing that
pierced spirit and vessel,
that they might glimpse a kinship
beyond the threshold of matter.
My breath and gaze
rise through despair into Light,
as a seed into Life
through a Season of snow.
"My every child may 
carve a path for Chance."
So, Mother decrees.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: SOUL OF THE SUNFLOWER (edited)
Source: www.the-athenaeum.org
Artist: Elihu Vedder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.