Monday 18 January 2021

 




FOR NAMJOON

TREES

 

Pillars of Earth who birth the air

and bear up the sky,

I seek my truths

amid your branches like arms

and leaves like whispers

in this space for quiet blessings

that renews bloodless days

into green litanies.

Lead me to my roots, to the Root,

Sages of the ages anchored

to our Mother’s heartbeat!

I cleave to your timeless wisdom

as bark to sapwood,

for you hold primordial knowledge

of finite and eternal Flow,

the songs of winds and cascades,

the roar and susurrus of Life’s River.

You glitter and gleam

as lute or harp strings,

melding your tunes with birdsong,

silvering and gilding

the air with the balm of elemental

rhythms that heal and restore.

In you, Seasons rejoice and weep,

thrive and perish,

looking farther than they could see,

reaching through your limbs

into the Immortal Mind,

as though to glean some arcane craft

of stars’ cosmogyral peregrination.

I would attain a higher vision,

Keepers of the Universe’s enchiridion,

beyond the wall and veneer

of man’s world, past beaten paths and

weightless words that steal

moments from death and clad such

in colours of life.

I would merge with your core,

resonate with your rings that cantillate

Time’s opuses,

joining with your spirit to learn

my strength in stillness,

for you unite the realms within,

enfolding my Self in your heartwood.

In your eyes, the radiance

of clouds and rills entwines into spells

of illumination, inspiriting me,

that I may weather my storms with

your ancient assuredness.

I would stand unyielding as you through

raging tempests

and lowered heavens, abscising all that

trammels my soul

or no more serves my course.

Twilight slips through your spires

like violet sand through

an aery hourglass; in this liminal instant,

our axes align,

an unbidden grace that enjoins me

to choose a Destiny.

A pearly blaze glides over your canopies

as mists raise the hilltops

and ivorine rays sweep the waters.

I breathe deeper, as you commence

gathering all the splendour of the light

in your darkly verdant scriptorium.

I shall rest in the knowing and peace

of my true heart,

my pulse my only clock and

measure of living.

 

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse

Image: twitter.com  (@BigHitEnt)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.