Wednesday 3 December 2014


BEACON

Night's reign is Winter's will;
this hegemon ordained
Nature's rest, her slumber I
would not dare disrupt.

Her crystal imperiousness
clad in diamond dust, she 
bids gelid gales raise iced
walls to obscure
my only beacon of safety.

Glassy minions trap timorous
trickles from a turbid
spun glass orb.
Blanched gold veiled palest
blue wavers against
the grey expanse my 
memories stain with verdigris,
with a child's broken brush.

My essence crumbles before
my eyes. To whom shall
I look for confirmation of
course as frosted
gloom smothers thinning
birdsong in its iron vise?

Mourning trees, bereft of their
last gold, whimper
through your words and notes.
This is not song.

Reach into empty cadences
for warmth as I sail forbidden
seas. It is when the Sun
journeys south
that I feel most invisible.

 
© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: commons.wikimedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.