Saturday 13 December 2014


SONG OF THE FAERIE MAIDEN


The sweetest note of the lark's song am I,
that glides 'pon a laughing stream,
the rainbow wisp that o'er dewdrops dances,
'neath the archway of a dream.

Nature's will I heed, her mission honour,
all Creation animate,
Springtide's raiment cause to bloom and wither,
the wind's tunes 'pon clouds notate. 

Swallows and starlings joyous greetings trill
as o'er Day's bright waves I fly;
sole hearts that with mine in harmony sing
my beauteous form shall espy.

Rosy strands of dawn’s flame my tresses tint,
mountain heather's breath my eyes;
moonbeams' gossamer weaves my pale skin clothe
my heartbeat with Life's allies.

Butterflies' wings deepest cherry I dot,
sun drops shower 'pon violets' breasts,
pails of azure o'er forget-me-nots cast,
first light's blush 'pon robins' vests.

Newborn leaves with my ribbons I halo,
the glowworm's spark enkindle,
columbines' skirts with satin spume suffuse,
stray webs wind 'round my spindle.

Summer breezes I ride, the corn silk stir,
'pon the cool moss my head lay;
my refrains with the feathered throng's entwine,
as blooms to their rhythms sway.

For Autumn's brightest gold I gleeful reach
by thistledown borne aloft;
clamorous choristers bid gentler chant,
'pon misty curlicues waft.

As a silver thread thro' cascades I run,
Winter's gown with snowflakes lace,
with icy garlands evergreens festoon,
easement o'er Earth's slumber trace.

My smile shall you see when harebells tinkle,
my joy in a bairn's song hear;
as Life's Seasons recurse, thro' births and deaths,
my succour shall e'er be near.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: TITANIA
Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: Thomas Francis Dicksee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.