Saturday 27 December 2014


POLARIS


Look to the skies in veneration!
There, my beacon
awaits. As Angels' chariots thro'
vast elysian fields
I glide, tho' to the dark, clinquant
æther tethered, as
the brightest pearl 'pon a jewelled
veil sailing o'er
Eternity's mellifluous waves.

Cynosure am I of wayfarers o'er 
land and sea, 'cross
trailless deserts. Woeful hearts
of lost travellers I
gladden, of wanderers 'pon life's
path, as kinfolk circle
my celestial shrine.

Thro' the tumult of earthly babel
must you seek my
vessel, for my light embosoms
the truths you quest
after. Your intent shall guide me
to your soul, anchor
my path to its thirsty plains.

My glimmer shall trace forgotten
dreams 'pon the bare 
walls of your mind, render revered 
visions in colours sole
your eyes shall see,
limn every soft spirant carved 'pon
your heartstrings.

Let the verdure enfold you, for the
Sun's fire fashions
Nature's robes, my silken spangles
coif and crown her. 
In her embrace shall you journey
heavenward, breathe 
the radiance of stars yet unseen,
unknown, unformed.

Cast your eyes upon the firmament!
Sole thusly shall you
know the light in your darkest night.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: galacticimages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.