Wednesday 7 October 2015


CLOUD


Cold fire I hold, drops
of blue flame,
as I sail over phantom
mists dotting 
frigid northward slopes. 
Adrift am I in candent
halls; Eyes that
divine the soil's kindling, 
previse the thirst
of ruddy veins and black
roots, hold me aloft.

Along mighty archways,
I tide upon roiled
waves beneath the sky's 
Autumn slumber, 
over Nature's amber 
dreams flecked with
evergreens, over silver
grey chains that
link the heavens to Earth,
Infinity to breath,
starbeams to temple
blazes, divinities to souls.

Their clear, thin melody
intones through
the bleakness, past Eyes
that expand into
distant stars, looking with
peace upon chaos
and calm alike, speaking
in a tongue holier
than words inaudible to
man alone of my sacred
purpose, of the life
my death shall bring forth.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: STORM IN THE MOUNTAINS (edited)
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Albert Bierstadt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.