Tuesday 27 October 2015



COMMUNION


Midnight lays her hand upon
Nature's cold brow;
earth and firmament embrace.
I hold the stars and prayers of
generations in heart and hands, 
as aeons surround me.
Autumn dies, enfolded by Light;
Seasons stretch into years,
days into nights,
threads of silver and gold reaching
into the Womb that
birthed all souls. I am You, and
You are I, my departed forbears, 
planting thoughts and
words that I may harvest,
that you may live again and breathe
this Life.
Memories circle the sacred fire,
a fire that never truly ceased
burning, a forever fire amid forever
drumming and chanting,
my kin beyond its old gold light.
Spirit whispers fan the
flames of hope, renew my resolve
by the blaze's ashes.
Its warmth lingers upon the hilltop
and I sense Life within the dust,
for this vision of communion,
of eternal wholeness, 
is Samhain's blessing.

© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum


Image source: www.pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.