Saturday 9 July 2016


DREAM IV


Stone and spate marked my birth.
Still, I grew to know leaf
and butterfly, even as the ground
swallowed my feet.
Unfurling fronds of tenderest green
set free my paths,
feathering against Autumn's
variegated crystal mirror.
Scarlet aves streak across October's
changing parchment
as bleeding arrows, scrivening lost,
lightless hours, my pulse,
upon a breeze that shall not hear me.
Of earth I am not, nor of water,
fire or sky.
I am a child of the sleepless aether.
Blossoms of journeys past
slumber in the chill forest air;
a spark of trellis of Suns and Moons
awaits me in celestial spheres.
Father's Summer roses, 
dead Stars of living coral 
and palest pink,
lie within the Mystic's soul,
layered between her memories
of joy and sorrow, 
of ascension and vanquishment.
In winged dreams I shall ride 
the updraught of her essence into a
distant vision,
into a moment of bright birth,
that I may find life amid my shadows.


© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: LE PRINCIPE D'INCERTITUDE
Source: www.pinterest.com
Artist: René Magritte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.