Monday 25 July 2016


JOURNEY VI

The Calm after the Storm rises about
my bruised and broken form
as a stone-white Temple,
a shadow-lit space for contemplation
where the very air revels in an
inviolable Stillness,
and the raw, ravaging emptiness in my
soul transmutes into the echo
of a faraway ringing within the Silence.
In the ampleness of this Hollow,
Pathway to Rebirth, Womb of Healing,
my wretched spirit discerns
the voice of the Void,
my pulse, the pull of a Star
that breathed gold where I now kneel.
My flame grows
into its misty Orb, dissolving into the
dusky air-scape that
fuses Time, Being and Memory.
For a deathless moment, I burn gold,
guiding the rise and fall
of the Wheel, leading the Seasons.
Here, where Death hunts Life
and prating stifles Wisdom, I seek Home
in the blazing blue of Mystery's halls,
for, by their pure light,
Elements, Nature and Aether unite,
for to lend our words meaning.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: tvorchestvof.blogspot.com
Artist: Rafał Olbiński

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.