Tuesday 19 July 2016

FAITH II


Melody and chime reverent combine,
bursting into light,
not a sun-kindled blaze,
but one wakened by a tinder of Dawn
upon an altar wrought of
worshipful notes and greening Hope.

The Faith I forsook in fervid fury floats
upon a cyan waft,
beaming its gold to Apollo's height,
calling fearful fledglings to flight.
And one feathered flame,
Source and creation allied,
harmony and horizon on wing,
pipes a blue-grey strain that brings
forth restoring rain,
new hues to fading Summer blooms
that trace the last parched verso
of the Season's chronicle.

In a crystal drop dwells the grace that
shall crown some Autumn's
first sheaf, blessing the Circle,
though its journey be brief.
I bide, ungrateful, still, upon the Path, 
nor Hope, nor Faith in my heart,
in hands the Poet's tome
vast as his spirit, its heart open to Home.
The sounds of his soul 
I shall shall take for my victuals,
the sky's outpourings for my drink.
Sole such shall guide my steps
to substance and strength.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: www.pinterest.com
Artist: Vladimir Kush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.