Thursday 25 February 2021


FOR BTS

FIX YOU II

 

Do not emerge, child of half-moons

and twilight,

from your home of white mirabilis

and winter where a peeping

light hears your sighs and whispers

shrinking violets into your eyes.

 

I will distil cascades’ music and larks’

trilling into silver grey

to pour into your half-empty cup.

 

You peer into life, un-appearing from

its verge at the siren call

of the bird of myriad songs that holds

sway in the muted ardour

of retreating day.

 

I will frame Polaris in a nocturne and

weave you a blue of shadows

and forget-me-nots as you fade into

the serenity of the sky.

 

Shall we sit by your frozen waterway,

as you seek questions in the realm

that lives beyond the mind?

 

Could I invoke a summer of tear-filled

clouds and a crescent pearl,

make you a ray in the shape of your

loneliness set with the heartbeat

of your dream for an amulet?

 

Could I overlay a radiant morning that

will not know your bloom with your

favoured colours of un-being?

 

I will balance with you on the brink you

sought till your soul sprouts

a flame and raises it to the stars.

 

We shall name our blessings and count

the numbers of candytufts as

we walk into spring.

 

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse


Thank you, ARMYs' seven Angels, for restoring me to myself, for giving me the affirmation I needed but didn't know I sought, for giving me permission to cry and embark on my journey toward wholeness and healing. I can now look upon the child of half-moons and twilight with compassion.

 

gif: twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.