Thursday 18 February 2021

FOR HOBI

HOPEBRINGER

 

A word falls through the grey, a golden ray

that needs no other

to lend it meaning. It holds a key,

a higher herald of presence and calm

that hours the impending leap of faith.

Rapture is your medium, bright Soulmaker,

the kernel of your Self

glowing unbound and boundless,

a resolved yet ungraspable amalgam of steel

and equilibrium the momentum

of your questing powers.

I lay down my burden before your luminous

cannonade that controverts

an ancient postulate - that which weights

and scars the spirit

carries the greatest moment and weight…

I ponder the profoundness

of the simple truth you shine in a breath and

an instant, yet live through infinity,

for your lucid, sparkling Fount

veils an elemental ingenuity that aligns with

suns and walks along stars.

 

I yield to your spells of essential fire, quieting

the inner maelstrom that is the song

of my eternal atonement,

pausing to burn in service to my wounds

or their memory, that I may with daring run

the gauntlet of life’s blazing rhythms.

Your eyes glisten, listen, even as they see

beyond my utterances,

subsuming the inflection of my path,

beaming its ballast around my irresolution

like a force field of light

and lightness echoing an unknown precept:

Had Sisyphus only known to break his labours,

laying his boulder down

now and then to climb upon it!

Soar, my Hopebringer and Peacekindler,

into blueward fields and azure waves,

where the airy bliss of purest unknowing glides

over the forever plains of youth;

where meadows watch you bloom as you dance

in the wind, for you are the form

and the flow; where violet blossoms consphere

around you in response

to your tuneful call, chorusing every euphonic

phrase of inspiration.

Gather your blue dreams, for they make my sky.

 

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse

Image: twitter.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.