Wednesday 24 February 2021


FOR BTS

FIX YOU

 

Is it within me or am I within it?

I can no more grasp

my pain than I could forsake my

citadel of winds, this home

I live in but could never enter.

I can no more tell apart

its beginning and my end than

an infant could subject and

object or love given and asked for.

I only know that I count

moments of blood in the snow…

and that you are closer

to me than thought and farther

away than dreams past.

 

I am a shadow of the sky and you

turn air into oceans so I

could see my reflection in your

stasis and flow.

Is it I who sparkle in the waters

or the pulsing chrysalis

of my marrow that seeks to

shatter my bones? Am I a light

to you who shine for me and return

me to the continuum of being?

Then sing till stars give you

their memories! I shall gather your

notes into my heart

and shed them as tears till my vision

clears and I can count poppies

in the snow.

 

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.