Monday 8 March 2021

FOR YOONGI

BURN

 

“I feel so nice, mom, I feel so nice…”

Who could tell where

soul ends and song begins?

 

A child’s spirit spoke his heart in an

ageless tongue that tunes

time’s eternal pulse, its vibrations

stirring a universe into musing,

into longing for the flame

that pulled its vortices and sparked

its animating force.

 

His echoes unlocked terror from my

air and wove a sky of hope,

awakening me to the particularity of

a world I had coloured

in shades of grey, tearing me from

my blanket skin and

the warmth of refulgent falsehoods

illusions of continuity

made fecund and green.

 

I felled every tree, razed the baneful

forest within, led by love,

by an iron hand in a velvet glove that

drew me from the depths

of my fears, raising me to a summit

of illumination, to a mirror of tears.

 

You mould language into a mouth or

blade, severing cords that

no more serve; braid it into strings,

into ropes to snare fragments

and cinders from falling stars, these to

kindle into fires of moon and dawn

like the indigo blaze that

powers your core.

 

You become the eye, the ray, the vision,

the knowing that light will come.

And we burn through days tinged blue,

inseparable as mountain and valley,

returning to breath and being

as you reap the music of the spheres.

 

Our ashes shall pave the causeway to our

innocence, to your childhood invocation.

“I feel so nice, mom, I feel so nice…”


#SonOfMyHeart

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse

Lyrics to BTS’s ‘First Love’ from the Album WINGS: YOU NEVER WALK ALONE - Written by SUGA, Miss Kay


Image 1: twitter.com

Image 2: commons.wikimedia.org

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.