Thursday 18 March 2021


“I purple you.”

"Do you know what purple means? Purple is the last color of the rainbow colors, so it means I will trust and love you for a long time."

- Kim Taehyung (BTS)


FOR BTS

PURPLE

 

Your spiritual emanation called to a place within

I did not know I possessed.

You tinged my vision, not as a wounding hand

of the world body,

but as an instrument of a sacred realm of flowers

and dusks, of twilight running

her comb through lavender skies and asters

brushing the weariness

from summer’s chiffony air.

 

I perceived you knew me, saw through my armour

of scars and pallor as no blooded eye

could see, as a shock of heliotrope-hued beauty

stopped my heart and steps

by a bed of irises flaring in the snow, frilly clusters

of cool, soothing flames warming

the timeless place within till I no more felt the cold.

 

Amethyst waves companioned the rest that comes

when all unrest is gone by;

a higher sight acting in my mind scattered me in

a thousand glowing petals,

raising me to dance in the arms of the wind

through the scent of sweet peas

and memories of the powdery, papery feel

of lilac pansies against my skin.

 

I wept my years in violet ink to lend my thoughts

and words a breath of fruition’s light,

an atom of the elusive singularity I held in the

unfathomed place within, till a boy’s voice

like Heaven’s own fire spoke an unknown alchemy,

drawing the gold from that

unconjectured recess of my soul, from the

dimensionless point of radiance that non-life had

consigned to oblivion.

 

A Universe sprang from a withering kernel, pulled

into purple profusion by rhymes

that bled from striving’s veins and notes that

flowed from harmony’s lips.

I have named you, cosmos long held in abeyance,

no more a forgotten seed of a colour,

but a wellspring of earth urge that girds my spirit’s

kin and tunes our pulse to the beat

of a greater drum,

a path I shall keep past life’s setting.

 

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse

 

Image: twitter.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.