Tuesday 30 March 2021

 

SKIN

 

What are we but drops in Life’s sea?

 

I emerged as you, a poem of hope

and heart locked into a stardust seed.

 

My skin is a sacrament Earth speaks

to Sky, a parchment

for the Elements and Seasons.

 

I am a million shades of human.

 

Every blade you shape from all that

makes me

births its likeness in my flesh.

I dig deep in the red-softened loam

of myself, harvest each image

to learn it with my being,

that I could name my people’s pain.

 

I could give you words and hymns but

never their resonance;

meaning is a pilgrimage into discovery.

The broken rhythm in my bones

defies translation.

 

Heaven is not a hue.

Hell is toneless.

Both burn dark when blood is scored.

 

We will end as we begin – with a breath.

We shall pass the flame to tomorrow.

What would its colour be?

 

© 2021 Lilium Candidum

Lily’s Verse


Image: twitter.com

Artist: @juliakestnerdesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.