Wednesday 17 June 2015



WORDS


The beginning and end, the alpha and omega,
you liberate me from the velvet vise
of my inner shadows and cast me into a fiery
abyss of despair in one fell swoop.
Upon the shores of silence you arrange
yourselves, paving the pathway to the voice of
my soul, to its epicentre nailed to
the crux of a distant diamond carousel.

And what a path! - haunted by gentle summer
breezes that bore the weight of
my loneliness; treasured memories and the
stealthy corrosion of living with bated breath;
visions of my heart rising as a child's
orison into spaces of innocence and
sinking as the blackest trespass into the Styx.

In vain I sought to bend you to my will, to my
turn of phrase and tenor, as the
melodist who summoned the rain with his notes. 
In vain I seek to win your secrets. 
I would know you, your immanent resonance,
your pace and seasons, your odours
and colours, your inscapes.
Would you speak of your journeys through time 
and utterances, of traversing the
spectrum of man's wonted disingenuousness?

I perceive your pulsating rage as you unravel
the sky and pulverise the ground,
leaving me to sense unknown directions,
dissipating as a dark white shadow on water.
Yes, you wound and heal me anew,
my thorn and salve, my nepenthe and my
mother's voice. I bow to your will.

© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: POLYHYMNIA, MUSE OF ELOQUENCE
Artist: Simon Vouet
Source: commons.wikimedia.prg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.