Monday 29 June 2015



PAUSE


Summer's last rays stroke fuliginous
roots beneath bleached
rock, waver over patches of amber
and violet, sole witnesses
to my silent contemplation, my secret
conversing with soaring
green bastions.

The wind halts, poised between earth
and sky, resolved to immure
luminous laminae in its discarnate
embrace, alas, a benison
contained in that distant kingdom
begetting light.

Mercy's cadences ring across an inky
vault ablaze with stars,
this balm intangible as faith enfolds
wandering souls of trees.
Peace abides in pristine silences clad
in the colours of Angels.

Here, my soul ceases to cower in a dark
corner of my frailness;
untrammelled, it traverses my form,
kindles each atom and breath,
every thought, dream and vision. Here, I
may pause for life,
before I yield to death.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: www.flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.