Sunday 29 November 2015


BEAUTY VIII


I dreamt a dream of Beauty's fane,
of sublimity beyond
birth and ascension, of a brightness
that transcends faith and hope,
of timeless Grace
that is a law unto itself.

My spirit traced Her path through a
substanceless shimmer,
as a peasant's eye the lark's song
across Dawn's brow,
calling to Her ethereal silvery gold,
as a smothered leaf
bereft of reviving Summer showers
to the nightingale, 
whose liquid strains alone could
drench its parched throat.

Upon the threshold of Her cosmic
sanctum I stood,
regarding the pinnacle of Eternity's 
design with a child's 
pure, wondering gaze that binds
dewdrops to the stars.

Infant souls embraced before Her
altar of aery alabaster, 
beneath Polaris' hallowed light,
His glow, Her temple dome,
His orb, its blazing oculus.

What oblation could I lay at the feet
of Time's own daughter,
of Nature's second soul?
- Naught had I, but tears of rapture
and my mortal devotion. 

An invocation for Life I cast into the
stream of prayers that moats
Her Universal shrine.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: ERATO, MUSE OF POETRY
Source: blog.daum.net
Artist: Sir Edward John Poynter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.