Friday 27 November 2015


STARLIT NIGHT II


Rise, little stars and great, gleaming
as mirrors small and immense,
each a force of mystical sympathy
in a realm of subtler light.
Dreams and reflections you bestow
upon me, every vision and likeness
a portal into my soul.
Castor clads my weeping shadow in
a cilice; Pollux bids Mercy crown
my bleeding brow;
Polaris surrounds me with his myriad
gently guiding arms,
as the Pleiades, Nymphs of the skies,
smile upon Nyx and her children;
Gienah draws me into his dark camber,
willing me to take wing, 
to discover motion within my stillness;
Rigel anchors me to Gaia's dominion;
Altair bears me into the ether.
In tempests and temples my silhouette
shines, in idylls and Stygian depths,
upon thresholds of mysteries.
With arms outstretched, I yield to this
hallowed dome that reveals
to me my every self; the fallacies of my
illusory triumphs; deeper, hidden
meanings in the mundane;
my wounds and wings.

© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum


Image: NIGHT
Artist: Auguste Raynaud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.