Tuesday 24 November 2015



STARLIT NIGHT


Day's harsh glow wearies me;
this Keeper of illusions,
her sharp rays sunder Life
into brightness and shade,
cloaking treasures and 
trantles in the selfsame gold.

I close my sun-blinded eyes,
seeking that vibrant part
of my being human
perverseness could not sully, 
prospecting the inner indigo,
a sempiternal twilight
that is my refuge from man's
wanton debasement of
blessings that are his alone.

Gilt masks are your preserve,
Helios, as pyrrhic victories
and perfidious pretensions.
Night, our gentle preserver,
marks all Creation with edges
darkly silver, with moonlit
brush and starry, tracing
shadows within shadows.

Truth is her robe, Selene's fair,
fulgent visage her mirror,
starglow her embrocation. 
Hers is a space of revelation,
of atonement and restoration,
stilling the mind and
sparking the soul.

What shall my book of life be?
A treasury, perchance,
of retreats into the serene folds
of Mother Nyx's inky robes,
of luminous moments spent in
stirring converse with
Hypnos and Thanatos.
I would be a word in Time's 
Annals of Starlight.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE NIGHT WITH THE GENII OF STUDY AND LOVE
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Pedro Américo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.