Monday 9 March 2020

FOR YOONGI
FIRST LOVE

Little hands wafting the pureness
of childhood play,
the sweetness of tangerines,
the trust of the everyday,
to their unlearned touch,
your ebony and ivory intoned
Love itself.

You laid claim to my heart, as it
hopped a staccato path
over your byway of blessings in
white and black,
tones of honey and amber
marking the contours of dreams
and waking hours alike.

Through blooming years I grew,
unmindful of your mahogany
tinting my vision,
of the softness and spaces of your
keys and clefts imprinting
my fingers, of your sounds of
felt-kissed steel curling as velvet
clefs into my ears.

Time cast its layers on your lustre,
as new adventures called.
We glided through seasons -
allegro and largo, piano and forte -
parted, though never apart,
for we had composed a light that
circled us across miles and minutes.

Did I cease thinking of you or did I
neglect to remember you?
Fortune ordained my return to your
welcoming warmth, to the keeper of
my unblemished joy,
to the one who held my brightest,
most vital theme.

With laughter and weeping, we
melodised and harmonised
through days of unknowing and
nights of despair.
In your tranquil aspect, I sought
my wholeness, as an uncalm world
mirrored my brokenness.

You chronicled victory and defeat,
as I yielded to the hammers of Fate,
penning your manuscript of my
wayward course, conferring symbols
on every card I was dealt,
gathering flowers that withered
on my vision’s bough.

We shall endure, truest companion
of my soul’s seeking,
through my journey’s every zenith
and nadir, through winters I am
too weary to muster meandering
vignettes and notes,
till Life’s metronome beats no more,
my constant star in every darkness.

#SonOfMyHeart

© 2020 Lilium Candidum
Lily’s Verse

Image: www.twitter.com
Image 2: commons.wikimedia.org



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.