Wednesday 11 March 2020


FOR YOONGI
INTRO: NEVERMIND

"I carved you even as you made me;
I could not discern your vector
nor myself on your reaches, merely
the goals of steps and end;
I faded into your thorns and roses,
your marks and milestones -
I would not rob my purpose
of breath or vision."

"Your absence tinges my memories,
as I reminisce, crown in hand,
on tender years that carried me
through reproof and scorn.
Misfortune bent me to its will,
yet resolve lent my spirit
spine and vigour."

Yes, I took that leap of faith into
a new unknown, safe in the
knowledge that I would harness
the currents and touch the skies
or plummet to my fate
in equal glory. Yes, I rose and fell,
seizing tears and smiles alike.

You, of a world that nurses its ire and
dread, painting me small, broken
and blighted, could your words
curb my heart? Could they wing
the angels of my conviction?
I stand before you, inspired, whole,
as your Book lies unopened and
your dreams gather dust.

You, whose future mourns the decay
of your past, I look now upon
your derision with eyes set higher,
that have seen farther
and more profoundly than my days,
even through your blind
changelessness to your abiding
sense of futility.

And I hurtle still toward my destiny,
toward struggles and endeavours,
questing after light and darkness.
What is defeat to youth
but a passing sky?

#SonOfMyHeart

© 2020 Lilium Candidum
Lily’s Verse



Image 1: www.twitter.com
Image 2: commons.wikimedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.