Thursday 5 March 2020



FOR YOONGI
THE LAST

It is a cage of sinews and clock
ever on the cusp of a beginning,
on the verge of an ending.
It is the keeper of your Destiny
even as your vision crumbles.
Will or thought could not unwrite
its Rhythm; you know its Music
as it echoes through your form,
but you could not possess its
depths and breadths.

Would that you could see
the numinous Light in your eyes
brimming Love born of a
mystical melding of struggle and
skill. Your course was laid
as cartographer of Souls,
as chronicler of its Seasons.

Your pain beats and breathes
as you emerge
from a sunless haven,
speaking words I no longer have.
Yes, I disavowed
Question and Answer.
Metaphors and metamorphoses
have forsaken me.
And you ask if I could stifle
the eyeless stranger in my mirror?

Your chords rain blue gold,
a mosaic of Time and skies
piercing the shell I have worn too
long like an ornament.
You wound me like a broken God;
your anguish storms and glowers.
Yet, triumph is the whispered core
of your song, the tyranny
you swallowed forging its spine.

How intricately you plot awakenings!
I hold your bequest to me,
an indigo strand darkly bright,
a treasure of and for the ages.
On its gentle strength, I now string
moments and memories,
visions and words seeking to
constellate on tomorrow’s pages
in an act of truest redamancy.

#SonOfMyHeart

© 2020 Lilium candidum
Lily’s Verse


Image 1: www.twitter.com
Image 2: commons.wikimedia.org



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.