Monday 11 May 2015


LABURNUM

Rident blossom cascades awakened 
me each May morning,
petalled lanterns winking and smiling,
beguiling one and all in
the late Spring sunshine, beckoning 
hearts to diurnal feasts of
colours and scents, of azure skies.

Nor wrenched, nor cadged were your
densely glittering strands;
it was as though golden bolides had
strewn trails of sparks;
these, breezes had strung into lit
garlands, into candescent 
drapes outside my darkened window.

We took our cues from clouds, sisters,
dimming our glow as our
skies darkened, that the deluge might
not quench our inmost
flames, nor leach our brightest hues.
How our spirits faltered, as
the capricious moon masked the sun!

This day, the sky is deepest cyan dusted
with gold; these colours of
home I view upon riven screens through
fluid veils of tears, blood and
broken dreams, as bokehs of forsaken
vignettes, of words and
                  music beyond my reach torment me.                  

Fulsome sounds of early Summer winds
speak solace and cheer;
the smooth roundness of their whispers
through water-laden leaves
soothes, a verdant sussurus reminisces.
Their tongues are diverse as the Seasons,
their tones varied as life’s delineations.

My childhood self I shall bequeath to May,
to early Summer, to hearts that
still believed. Man's Light is his life's tithe,
dearest sisters, its abode not
of his choosing. My memories alone I may
leave in your keeping, that my best
self might forever revel in your radiance.



© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum




Image source: galleryhip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.