Sunday 10 May 2015



LILAC MOON



Time slows at Heaven’s will,
it is said; feathers
would sink and stones float
at his bidding. This lilac
moon is his own contrivance,
a balm for eyes that
shall close in death alone.

Streams of palest violet-blue
hover over the white
window sill; quiescent glow of
cabochon sapphires,
this light of repose, of reprieve
and renewing, bestows
redemption with tranquil grace.

Dappled branches crowned in
amethyst froth sway
in the wind, their gentle strokes 
sweep my soul clean.
I shall never know the hallowed
provenance of this
unsought, undeserved blessing.

I am but dust-girt light, an infant
initiate into a realm
of embattled spirits. Amid tidal
waves of heavenly hues
am I reborn. This memory I shall 
surrender to Time.
This Lilac Moon is my mother.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candiidum

Image source: blumebilder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.