Friday 31 July 2015


BLUE MOON

This is an uncommon moon, nor blue,
nor brighter, still a treasure
of my soul, one it knows from the dawn
of time, when it flickered 
in the ether, when her orb inspired
euphoric awe that stumbled
through the dark, finding no words.

I was to speak my devotion beneath
earthly skies, upon blooming
meadows and grey crags, her radiance
descending as softest down,
mantling land and air with a mysterious
light my inner eye discerned,
that shone in my very bones.

As High Priestess, upon Selene's altar
I poured libations of wine and
milk, chanting my first veneration to the
third full moon of the Season,
a song, the silver of which chimed in my
spirit, yet it saw not its provenance.

This night, I kneel in Nature's own shrine;
the goddess lifts the veil, one
that guards my nescience through myriad
moons, masks and litanies of 
untruths. She is my celestial looking glass,
an oracle of Time and Truth;
she would reveal my true reflection.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum


Image: SELENE
Source: galleryhip.com
Artist: Jules Louis Machard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.