Sunday 19 July 2015


THE RETURN


A tyrant spell binds me to moments spent
'mid bluebells' whispers with moonsong blent;
thro' dead years I strain to the path I took
past groves to flow'red banks of the sparkling brook.
Echoes of my steps 'pon the flagstone walk
butterflies and honeybees gaily stalk.

Perchance faint perfumes my formlessness stain
of blossoms that long 'pon my breast have lain;
mayhap their fragrant souls to mine own cling,
for once more to attend Earth's tunes of spring.
Paths of old to the hillock I retrace,
for to seek eventide's last golden grace.

Erelong a silvery suffusion fills
the velvet night, 'pon thirstful violets spills;
an angelic chanting that erst I knew
rings thro' placid woodlands, gentle and true.
My visions of love merge with sylvan dreams,
in their mingling radiance the forest gleams.

'Mid a chorus of heartstrings I shall bide
'neath the opaline glow of Heaven's bride,
till Time to capricious wanderers calls,
for all such to guide into starry halls.
Thro' luminous traversing I shall yearn
to green spaces of rapture to return.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium candidum

Image: PORTRAIT OF AGNES MALLIAM
Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: Frank Dicksee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.