Thursday 30 July 2015


STELLA

Your light first blessed my eyes,
they said, and named
me for you. Yet, I neither shine,
nor sustain; a mere reed
in the wind am I, an idle wanderer,
an infinitesimal spark
in Time's veiled vortex, a novitiate
upon the soul's path unworthy of
this luminous appellation.

Through my darkness, I journey,
a discontented zetetic,
my eyes starward, vexing all whose
vessels drift broadside to
your grandeur, pondering your
niveous fire purfled with hibernal
glow sailing upon the lofty 
curve of an eternally hebetic
whirlpool, this Season the Meridian 
of our heavens.

Your asterisms I do not see, for such
are benefactions for worlds
yet unknown. In dreams, in mystical
visions, you constellate in harmony
with your brethren, honouring
etheric spaces that at once sunder
and unite you in accord with
celestial will upon the path
to cosmic consonance.

You, whose form my newborn eyes
first beheld, grant that I
may gaze into your enlightened spirit,
that I may be initiated into
your light. I shall seek a higher purpose,
I shall seek to be starlike.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: NYX, NIGHT GODDESS
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Gustave Moreau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.