Sunday 27 September 2015



AUTUMN MOON

Upon Autumn's esplanade, I
steep myself in your
silver anodyne; life and death, 
tranquility and turmoil,
swirl and surge in the sliding 
satin of your sanative song,
a translucent alabaster
entity of light and tone, gentle, 
as the embrace of a divinity.

As a wind from the beyond it
blows through my spirit, 
driving the dust and webs of
illusion from my dark
soul-scape, draining spurious
chill and warmth from 
its vital centre, renewing its
columns and plinths,
its architraves and vaults.

By the hand you lead me home,
past the abodes of 
seeking spirits who worship at
your altar with hymns
and incense, with quill and brush,
by the light of hearts
that hear your own heartsong.
One such would I be, 
great goddess, for then would I
never know loneliness.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: MOONLIGHT ON THE LAKE, ROUNDHAY PARK, LEEDS
Source: www.the-athenaeum.org
Artist: John Atkinson Grimshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.