Tuesday 22 September 2015


MISSING 

It is as though it had fallen
through a gash in
the womb that cradled my 
spirit into the tarry
cauldron of a singularity.
And here I stand as a sky
at noon with the 
sun cut out, a lifeless
cyan glow. 

I hear it whimper beneath
the wind and rain,
this phantom limb of my
forming spirit, 
flawed, insubstantial, yet,
its absence filling
my soul as a gaping hole, 
a visible, palpable
emptiness screaming 
‘Should have!’ 
‘Could have!’
'What if...?'

A white carapace encloses
this vacuum, its chalky
brittleness distends my skin,
revealing living veins
with dead ends,
an immured, expanding
vastness seeking to erupt
through this too thin
integument.

Pulsating pain perforates
its black spaces, 
transmutes into a life-force, 
nourishing this wishful 
abode of my soul's 
missing piece 
that claims the immensest
portion of my being.

And I, a foolish child, shall
scour the skies for a
dead star that conceals the
pulse of my anima,
never to reveal its soul to 
one maimed as I.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: AMONG THE LILIES
Source: www.the-athenaeum.org
Artist: Anna Elizabeth Klumpke


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.