Thursday 10 September 2015



AUTUMN'S SONG



'Neath blanching Gold my yarn I spin,
'mid harvest season's cheer;
all toil, for Summer's fruits to win,
ere skies grow drab and drear.

My umber loom deep gilt warps span,
bronze wefts my shuttles loop;
with russet tawn the Deity's plan,
'pon mists to her realm troop.

The growing Dark his shadows casts
o'er Purple, Fawn and Red;
their warmth they tote thro' frosty blasts,
such stain my silken thread.

My themes I sew 'pon hills and meads;
my essence bittersweet
to shrouded swathes guides ripened seeds,
where Birth and Death shall meet.

The woods in jewels I array,
that soon to Earth shall cleave,
for rich brocades 'pon Her to lay
thro' waning days I weave.

My fabric whirling winds enlace,
blooms' tears its folds adorn;
their silver thrushes 'pon it place,
the God's Light marks its bourn.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: framingpainting.com
Artist: Thomas Moran


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.