Tuesday 29 September 2015


BLOOD MOON


Your Pearl of Hope and Peace
is this night a blooded
Harvest moon, child. No claret
rose in Night's tresses 
am I, nor the keeper of dragons, 
sigils and eldritch incantations, 
nor a harbinger of cosmic
wrath and damnation.

I do not blush for shame, nor 
bleed my anguish, nor am I with
rage afire; Earth's shadows
I bear this night, my white seas
and plains tainted carmine, 
my ivory face eclipsed, for I align
this moment with the god
and goddess, that man may see
his deepest self.

A crimson glass am I this sacred
hour upon a dark vault,
bound by the Red of Life or Death,
after man's own choice.
The spirit's joy would he perceive
upon my sanguine sphere who
preserves his fellow man;
an ocean of blood confronts one
who spills his kindred's own.
My form wears your 
soul's Harvest.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: thenaturalistscorner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.