Friday 25 September 2015


DARK WATERS

Dark waters stir in wrath alone;
Life's pinions battle
their cumbrous, treacly vapours,
shedding Her white 
feathers upon hoary, haunted 
banks amid grey marshlands.

Through a miasma of despairing
pasts and present I
ponder the seething reflection of
my lifeless presence,
its black tentacles stabbing
through dank air, piercing
my heart, leeching my blood.

My vampire shadow burrows into
my spirit, drawn to
swathes of swelling rage, feeding,
growing, in the liquid dark,
filling its dead vessel with the
terrible animation of
desperate fury.

My bitterest truths float upon dark
waters, submerse their
congealed mordants within its
voracious, viscous crypt. 

And I shall catch a floating white
feather and quest after
nurturing waters that would mirror
a wholeness that could still be.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: ru.freepik.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.