Saturday 12 December 2015



BEAUTY XII

Selene will not have me weep
this night, a tardy scribe
marooned upon black sands
musing upon petrified
remnants of visions abandoned
and convictions lost,
now mere playthings of
the flagrant, flouting froth.

Through brightness that evades
me, she unbends her limbs;
pearly hands, gently chiding,
ivory fingers, tenderly guiding,
draw my teary eyes from tumbling,
tattered, travestying tides 
to seas of sericious silver-blue,
where the gods sail 
waves of peacock haze,
for Beauty's dreams harbour there 
amid aery pillars
of glistering perse and
topaz star mists along the shores
of Night, in a sphere 
that knows abiding light.

Here, I shall seek Beauty's lair,
till Dawn bids me descend
Nyx's starry stair,
for Spring now slumbers beneath
the snow, her blossoms
stowed in the Great Below.
Stellar journeys would engender such
longing, the Stars to trail
through westward portals thronging;
yet, upon Day's threshold, I shall
cast off all remorse,
gratitude speak for my blessed
earthly course.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: MOON NYMPH
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Luis Ricardo Falero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.