Wednesday 23 December 2015

BEAUTY XIII

A rare Light I beheld, a diffuse sliver
of indeterminate hues
and elemental motion that beckons
to lost souls wandering 
purposeless, pathless, thro' the
darkest Darkness, fluttering betwixt
existence and non-existence.

My breath and steps it sunward drew,
this pavé of spinning,
renewing azure and mysterious airglow
that was at once muse and artist,
canvas and pigment,
rendering distinct life-scapes I savoured
with a child's clear eye.

A long-frozen riverful of journeys flowed
anew, restored to its rightful
dominion 'neath rippling veils of dreams,
sparking music and visions in my
barren spirit, as if to paint jewelled
heavens 'pon my inmost dark, 
that I may ne'er more be bereft of light.
A distant grey Autumn day
my heart recalled, when a bed of late
violets, by the early frost untouched,
greeted my gloom.

Of a bygone Winter I bethought myself,
when a span of Summer
I had espied wedged beneath snow-clad 
rocks, her green melody
chiming thro' hibernal winds' keening.
Spaces of fortitude thro' lives I retrieved,
revived, where the air imbued my being
as a divine elixir,
bearing me thro' blackness into starry skies.
Such blessings Beauty detailed,
for Hope to bestow 'pon Her forlorn pilgrim.

© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE PEARLS OF APHRODITE
Artist: Herbert James Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.