Thursday 31 December 2015


BEAUTY XV

The mystic sang of a faraway land 
where Beauty reigned,
beyond barricades of billowing clouds,
enclosed in wispy rainbow shrouds.
"There, the worthy bowed 
before Her throne, this coronate deity,
fair Selene, Nyx's brightest jewel,
poised atop Her starry diadem.
Would that I had the Sibyl's eye,
the sage's prowess of astral traversing,
I would scale endless miles of twilit skies, 
Her praises upon my lips, 
stars, my footholds, 
their rays, my ropes and harness,
to the summit of glamour and radiance,
where once I surrendered my dreams.
Upon a pyre of rebirth and restoring glow,
I would cast myself,
if so the goddess ordains, in Time's pool
behold my reflection,
my spirit's legacy seek in His abditory of
dreams abandoned.
Eternal servitude I would pledge anew 
to Nature's second soul,
my amarulence entombed in cold crystal
flames of the past, 
inscrutable, benevolent, cleaving the dark, 
consuming the unwholesome.
Her Light I would implore for my cuirass
and implement, thence to descend
Fate's path to my mortal journey.

© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum









Image: NIGHT AND HER DAUGHTER SLEEP
Artist: Mary Lizzie Macomber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.