Sunday 3 January 2016


JOURNEY II


Alone, I hold my course truthward
as voyager of the skies,
as a witness of promise unfolding
through darkness and despair.
This is my purpose,
my chosen path, inscribing circles
over radiant eminences,
pondering the art of moonbeams
upon rippling peacock brine,
my wandering spirit sending forth
tear-stained gazes 
into its sheltering caverns.
Sole that magnificent dome of blue
could gladden my vision,
for I am a seeker of depths and
teller of tales, who would live
everywhere, everywhen,
communing with souls that would 
speak their traversing.
Such chronicles would abide with the
certainty of Eternal Light
that mourns not the departed, 
for its flames live,
though forms perish; its strains echo
through the ether,
though voices be silenced.
Shall not Destiny ever be thus?
Life's waves of bliss and desolation, 
tides of hope rising and ebbing,
shall whelm the comeliest moon,
disperse the brightest stellar concourse, 
as newborn vessels rise to sight.
Would that I could evermore journey
through Time and Universes,
circumambulate cosmic consciousness,
my breaths and being I would pledge
to portray each sacred cycle
in silver and blood, with my earthly road
to merge before predawn skies.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: SELENE
Source: www.pinterest.com
Artist: Carl Schweninger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.