Saturday 16 January 2016


ROWAN


What green light beckons me into
the Spring Dawn?
'Tis the nodding, newborn leaves of
the blessed Rowan,
the ungraspable inflection of bliss 
at their first glimpse of 
the Great Fire in wildly various voices
ringing the sleeping forest awake.
And I am reborn to the birth-song of
this verdant chorus,
my spirit reawakening to Nature's
transcendent eloquence,
conceding my own ineffectual mortal
articulation of Creation's wonder 
scrivened upon pallid parchment.
Nay, these woods hold testimonials
of the Highest Artistry.
I shall not pray this Season
at your feet, leafed Sage,
for a facility with words; I shall implore
blankness, oblivion,
that I may lie upon your roots,
for to listen to Mother's own song,
that Earth may pen her hymn
to the Great Source upon my being.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: www.panoramio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.