Tuesday 5 January 2016

JOURNEY III


At Asteria's feet, I combat my mortal self;
I would navigate distant spirals of divine light,
yet, I am a child of Apollo's realm,
ever faithful to the fragile silver filament
his golden orb nurtures, 
that bonds my soul to Life's web,
to a feeble bastion of flesh and bone,
this locus of timeless wars.
I seek those who seek me, fearful of all 
that would sever my conduit to earthly breath.
Yet, I would unshackle my spirit
from false images of virtue,
from malign forces that defile this living Shrine
wandering the ether. 
I am one of a lost, frail tribe,
a dreamer at the foot of the Tree of Life,
aspiring to trace rivers of ancient wisdom that
link Truth to man's polarities,
to paradoxes, to the mind and spirit, to illusions.
Could I dance with etheric tempests, 
fill my cup from the Great Source?
I would flow with atoms upon cosmic seas to
the Sage of the North,
at his altar lay impeding doubts, 
for the life threads of seers, it is said,
are wound upon his spindle. 
I shall implore Polaris' protection, his tutelage.
The storm within now bestilled,
I breathe the hope that Time shall lead me to
the most sacred of wordless oaths
made in shadowless demesnes
of an eternal Sun. Its fire would consume
veils of shade, its rays linger in my inner eye,
that I may tread the Path of Light upon Earth.


© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE KISS OF THE MUSE
Source: www.wikiart,org
Artist: Paul Cézanne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.