Thursday 7 January 2016

JOURNEY IV


How ineffable is the mind of man, 
its formless fabric a tortuous
triumph of foreordination and will; 
I would live bereft of my shadow,
the very device 
that tethers me to Gaea's realm.
I would be as a waveless ocean
plumbing its tides in etheric depths, 
as a wingless ave swept skyward 
upon plumes of light, 
bartering motion for glimpses of
Infinity's farthest reaches.

Among leafless trees, I mark every
silhouette save mine,
one barren as the Winter to which
it clings, withering in pallid,
brooding calm. In a reality apart,
sun-drunk storms dance on, 
as I alone dream forgotten dreams  
upon a dextrorse pathway
around an argentine axis of quiet, 
an unseen turbulence
propelling its soundless, rhythmic
twirling, divergent impulses
ballasting Life's flow.

Memory draws her divine veil over
my slumbers' plains,
wakening a dell the frost has spared, 
dispelling vapours of sorrow 
and rainbow mirages, merging black
whirlpools with seas of bliss.
Time loops around me, 
yesterday's blooms rise to Summer's
footfall in this vale of eternal joy,
bestowing upon me visions of Light,
expanding my spirit to its core.
Mnemosyne, Mother of Inspiration,
would not forsake me.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE IDEAL (edited)
Source: www.download.bg
Artist: Louis Janmot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.